Saturday 14 April 2018

Student Transfer - Body Thief Version 1.2


So once again I'm going to release another update to my Visual Novel Story or rather Scenario that was written for the game Student Transfer.

If you are interested in playing this game, you will need to have the Student Transfer Game installed.
Game can be found here: Student Transfer

Body Theft Ver 1.2

So for this current update, I've expanded on the story between John and Zoey as well as worked on a few bits for John and Yui.

For the Zoey route, John will be heading to the Gym. I may just fast forward the scene towards the sleep over at Phila's and Mina's place or I could expand the scene and have more body swaps between Zoey (John) and Zoey's friend.

John and Yui story is quite interesting and I'm also looking forward to writing a story with Katrina.


To Install I would recommend that copying the folder into your scenario folder.

As for my other captions... I know I've been slacking (Insert Sad Face) and I need to pick up the slack... but it is one of those moments where you start to struggle between balancing your life and your hobby and I'm really sorry you guys aren't getting stories to read.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Due to the issue with the Jennifer Folder, I've decided to do a patch.

Body Theft Ver 1.3



24 comments:

  1. I really think you should put this on TFGamesSite They'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I want to do my own cast of characters so having an artist would be nice... but working with what I've got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep getting an error every time I try to open the game once I added your scenario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume you are also the anonymous who sent me the wall of text. To be fair... I'm just a captioner/story writer... I don't really know too much about Student Transfer nor did I develop it. I wrote the scenario yes but if you need technical help you should head over to their forum.

      As for the error... it doesn't seem to be my scenario thats causing the issue. It is scenario.rpy in your game folder... sorry that is the extent I can help you out with, you will need a tech guy to help...

      Delete
    2. tested some stuff, remove the char pack from "zebestes" and it should work, seems to be conflicting code

      Delete
    3. I assume this is due to a conflict with the ZeBeste character pack. This collection of characters added a woman named Jennifer as well. The game cannot handle this properly, resulting in an error.

      A quick fix would be to

      1. go to the ZeBeste character pack folder
      2. find characters.rpy
      3. make a backup of this file
      3. remove the chunk of code regarding jennifer

      Delete
    4. In regards to Zebeste character pack, I think I know the issue regarding that. I was reading the guide and it seems the feature for adding characters is new. So the game may not be able to tell the difference?

      There also the issue of character clash as well I guess.

      Delete
    5. Hey, technical person from the StudentTransfer dev-team here.
      The precise issue here is that your scenario contains a character with the same name as one contained in ZeBeste's character pack. The solution to this is to either remove one of the conflicting instances of that character on installation or to rename your character to something else.
      You can still set the display name to whatever you wish, adding something like an underscore should be a pretty easy way to get rid of this error.

      Delete
    6. Noted, in which case I will work on renaming the character for future compatibility :)

      Delete
  4. is the path still in constuction?cuz i cant go over the canteen part and proceed to sleepover part

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the release version ends there, I'm still working on it

      Delete
  5. Heyy kawaii switcher i am really intresst in your scenario bit i have no idea how to instal it i copiet in the folder bit everytime student transfer says not a scenario pakage

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a sucker for possession base game I make all my games after that so if you can add more to it and add possession here and there you got a good start and have many opions for this tile and the set up is sweet looking forward to this game getting more work done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got an error-problem.
    When I start up, directly ERROR.
    Even with Jennifer out of the way, ERROR.
    And with the whole zebestes map somewhere else, it starts, but along the route, dozens of ERROR's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When 2.0 rolls out it should be error free (I hope)

      Delete
    2. I hope so
      I tried it again(with Jennifer COMPLETELY removed from Zebestes) and still 3/4 of the time ERRORS.

      Delete
    3. It is most likely due to the class on the character list. Let me see if I can do a quick patch on the old one.

      Delete
  8. No jennifer problems anymore
    But still 3/4 of the time ERRORS

    ReplyDelete
  9. help me, item not found in dropbox

    ReplyDelete
  10. please add new link, i cant download it

    ReplyDelete